Satellite
Show on map
  • Continental Connoisseur

    February 4, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 34 °F

    “Perhaps more than ever before, so many of us are realizing how valuable our travel experiences have become. Our travels connect us through a shared passion, create bonds that last a lifetime and often enrich our lives in ways we’d never imagined.” ~~ Bob Binder ... President & CEO ... Oceania Cruises

    Oceania gave us several itinerary versions of RTW2023 from which to pick and choose. The usual 180-days — this year from San Francisco to San Francisco — is one of them. Plus a few other options that include starting in Miami and ending in New York.

    After a careful study of the itineraries, we have opted to embark Insignia in Miami on 28 December 2022. Why? Because we saw a number of new-to-us ports on the 18-day segment from Miami to San Francisco. Besides, it's always fun to transit the Panama Canal.

    When RTW2017 concluded in Miami, we regretted not having more days on the ship. This time we will have those extra days🤞🏻.

    Our second world cruise will be 198 days instead of 180 days. And it will be known as the "Continental Connoisseur."

    Though it is fairly impossible to depict a "Round the World" itinerary on a flat map, attached is a snipped version from the Oceania brochure.

    We'll be going east to west, north to south, south to north, west to east. In other words, we'll be traveling in every possible combination of directions as we circumnavigate the globe.
    Read more