Satellite
  • Day 8

    Prep Day

    May 10, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Today was set aside as prep day ... prepping the “cold weather” gear we will need in Alaska while we await the arrival of the Cruiser and CR-V ... prepping the vehicles for delivery to Tote Maritime.

    The latter means making sure we have no more than ¼ tank of gas in each vehicle ✔︎; securing and stowing any loose items in the vehicles ✔︎; removing anything we want to take with us when we fly out on Wednesday ✔︎.

    Chores done, it was time for a bit of R&R. Although I’m still wearing “the boot” while my Achilles tendon heals, I am supposed to walk around a bit. So we took a short walk over to American Lake. We’re on the far side of the Shoreside Beach Park, with nice views of the lake. The brilliant yellow bushes of Scotch Broom added a pop of color. We were entertained by a couple of mallards that flew in to see if we had any handouts. We didn’t, so they quickly turned their backs on us.

    Except for a tiny bit of rain last night, today was a dry day. With the sun peeking out from behind patchy clouds, it was pleasant enough to sit on the patio for a while. I did not expect that we’d be able to do that at all during our short stay, so it was a pleasant change of pace ... and nice to just chill for a bit before we head up to the 49th State.
    Read more