Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Reunited with the RV & Toad

    May 17, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 45 °F

    Both vehicles survived the cruise up from Tacoma and arrived in Anchorage on Sunday. No port operations open to the public, so they were unloaded and spent the night at Tote Maritime’s port facility.

    We went to the port to pick up the vehicles bright and early this morning ... anytime after 8:00a we were told. We were there a little before that to take care of the security paperwork. Unlike in the Port of Tacoma, here we had to get a car pass and then a security guard led a small convoy to the Tote facilities.

    I was first to enter the Tote Vehicle Department offices and caught the guys by surprise. Apparently, they are given a call before people are sent up to them ... but no one called today. They recovered quickly. I was asked to sign a few forms accepting delivery and basically that was it.

    The CR-V was parked in front of the office; the RV a little further back. We were hooked up in no time and done with the pick up by 8:30a.

    Oh, and we are richer by two camp chairs ... compliments of Tote Maritime for shipping an RV with them!

    Our experience with Tote northbound has been excellent. And we would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to get their vehicles up to Anchorage by sea instead of by road.
    Read more