Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Day 34 Also Ends @ Glass Park

    June 5, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    A beautifully warm, blue sky day in Fairbanks. We didn’t do anything special and I have no photos or stories to tell.

    Though Mui got the toad washed yesterday when he was out running errands, the RV was still filthy. Since they allow car washing at this campground, that’s what he had in mind to do. I know better than to get in his way when he’s got his mind set on something. Besides, I built in some down time for our stay here, so today ended up being one of those days.

    We had a leisurely morning ... breakfast indoors ... morning tea on the patio with a bit of reading. Then, we hauled the laundry over to the ODR building and while I was taking care of that, Mui gave the Cruiser a good wash. I know, it will get dirty again ... but at least it’s bright and shiny for our stay here at Glass Park.

    Since tomorrow is Sunday and the locals will be out playing again, we’re going to go off to explore the Steese Highway ... another long drive, but hopefully one that will be an improvement over the Elliott. Then, when the locals go back to work next week, we’ll go out and explore the city. I’m especially anxious to visit Creamer’s Field to see the sandhill cranes.

    ———————————

    By the way, the mosquito population is growing ... and I think some of them are biters. To keep them out of the Cruiser, we put the Thermacell right outside the door to create a "dome" at the entry point ... seems to have worked, so we'll continue this practice.
    Read more