Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Day 55 Ends With a Spudnik

    June 26, 2021 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 54 °F

    We hopped on the 5:00p shuttle from Kennecott back to McCarthy.

    Initially, our plan was to just go back to the Cruiser. Instead, we ended up taking a quick peek around the McCarthy Museum and then went to The Potato for dinner ... a restaurant that started out as a food truck.

    We arrived before the crowds descended for the live band that was performing. I don’t know if the entertainment was any good as we were long gone, but the food was very good.

    The Potato serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu is the same no matter which meal you are having there. They have specials ... it was pizza tonight.

    I ordered one of their specialties — the Spudniks ... described as “think biscuits and sausage gravy, but with fries instead of biscuits.” It was quite good ... though the portion was too big for me to consume on my own. I washed my food down with an Alaska-brewed blonde beer ... no idea what brand it was.

    Mui had the hummus wrap, which included hummus, cucumbers, tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, onions, and feta cheese ... to which he added a lentil falafel and chorizo. He said it was excellent.

    A great way to end our day!
    Read more