Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 84

    Day 84 Ends w/a Dinner & a Stroll

    July 25, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    For our last dinner in Anchorage, we opted to return to the Glacier Brewhouse. We had made reservations for 5:00p. Since we were finished with our museum visit by 3:30p, however, we decided to see if they could accommodate us for an early dinner instead. Yes, they could … but only if we sat in the bar area. No matter … there was a booth for two in that section that allowed social distancing … and the menu was the same as the dining room.

    We’ve had several meals at the Glacier Brewhouse … in 2001, 2010, and this year. We’ve never been disappointed. The food has always been good … as has the service. We ordered one salmon dish and one halibut dish to share and wrapped up with the sinfully delicious chocolate cake.

    On the way back to the Cruiser, we took a meandering walk, enjoying the blue-sky weather with sunshine and comfy temps. Unlike in May, the streets were filled with locals and tourists alike … the ambiance felt more like our non-pandemic visits to the city.

    For all intents and purposes this is the last day of our RV trip in the 49th State. Tomorrow morning, we turn in our vehicles for shipment back to Tacoma.

    We’ve had a great time in Alaska. There’s still a lot I would like to have seen and done, but our fall plans require us to head back. As it is, it will be about two more weeks before we put a period at the end of this road trip.

    ——————————————————-

    For those interested in such things ….

    I ordered the restaurant’s specialty beer — raspberry wheat; Mui ordered a Pinot noir. We shared a calamari from the “social menu” … smaller portion.

    I finally got my Copper River red (sockeye) salmon … Alder grilled … with lemon garlic vermouth butter, grilled potatoes, asparagus, baby tomatoes, and avocado lime verde. Mui ordered the herb-crusted halibut … coated with basil pesto and spent grain bread crumbs, garlic mashed potatoes … served with greens tossed in a roasted tomato vinaigrette.

    We wrapped up with the Chocolate Overload Cake … served with Tillamook vanilla ice cream and Ghirardelli chocolate sprinkles … a way too big portion … even for two people.
    Read more