Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Day 86 Ends @ Lily House

    July 27, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    Who knew that Leavenworth was such a popular place to visit!

    When we decided to spend our time waiting for the Cruiser and toad to arrive in Tacoma, we figured that we’d easily find a place to rent for a week or so. And being in the mountains, it would be nice and cool. Yeah, right!

    Not only did we find that small properties are at a premium, but they are also expensive. But we persevered and eventually found the Lily House, about 1.5 miles from the hubbub of downtown. A walkable distance, but with the three-digit temps forecasted for much of our time here, I think we’ll be driving into town instead.

    The small cottage is on a side road where there are only a few houses, one of them belonging to our landlord. Nice and quiet … in a wooded residential area. It’s a studio with a bedroom/sitting area that can be closed off from the kitchenette with barn doors. The facilities are pristine and modern. There is a nice sitting area outside with a long cover to provide shade (and probably protection from the elements in the winter).

    The kitchenette has the basics, but no range or oven. Which is fine since Mui wanted a break from cooking. The plan is to have breakfast here, lunch in town, and wine and snacks for dinner here. We’ve provisioned accordingly.

    We’ve settled in for our stay … had our wine and snacks for tonight … and I am about to sit out n the patio to read a bit before bedtime.
    Read more