Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    Day 97 Ends in Rawlins, WY

    August 7, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    Day 4 of our trip back home.

    A short driving day with only 235 miles added to the odometer. We considered driving further, but seeing the blue-ish skies and the 68F temp when we arrived in Rawlins at noon, we decided to keep to our plans and take it easy this afternoon.

    The office at Western Hills Campground was closed when we pulled in. No matter, there was a list showing us our assigned site — #58 … in the 30A electric-only section. This is our fourth time staying at this campground it really is quite convenient off US-30 and quiet. Though the entire campground is gravel, it is very well maintained.

    We lost no time in setting up. Then, taking advantage of the patio being in partial shade, we had lunch on the patio. I sat out afterwards to read for a while. By mid-afternoon, the temp had risen considerably, but the A/C kept the interior of the Cruiser comfy. It will cool off once the sun sets … it always does thanks to the constant breeze.

    Tomorrow we arrive in Colorado and will be just 65 miles from home when we stop for the day. We won’t get home until the 10th, however, because we have something fun planned in Denver first.
    Read more