Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    O Safety Video ✔️

    March 21, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    Anyone who has cruised knows of the requirement to attend a muster drill to learn — or, in the case of long-time cruisers, get a refresher course — about the safety procedures in the event of an emergency.

    In the times of COVID, cruise lines have had to find alternatives to the crowded in-person muster drills that usually take place on the ship just prior to sailaway. Enter remote mustering … i.e., watching a muster drill video before embarking the ship.

    We got our first email to do so yesterday. And another one this morning. We sat down to watch the video before breakfast this morning. I was expecting that there would be a link at the end to confirm that we had watched it. But there was nothing like that. I’m thinking we’ll be seeing this video again in the cabin before checking in with someone on the ship to personally attest to our compliance.

    P.S. We still had to go down to the restaurant/bar after 11:00p last night to request that they turn down the music … which the very surly bartender did so about 15 minutes later. There were only three people in the bar, so loud conversations were not an issue. All was quiet before midnight. Definitely a better night for us.
    Read more