Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 5

    No Bermuda for Us

    23. marts 2022, Forenede Stater ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    We haven’t even left Miami yet and already we have another change to our itinerary. One that does not come as a surprise to me. Why? Read on.

    The woman who did our COVID-19 check-in earlier today did not ask us about our Bermuda Travel Authorization. Bermuda requires that everyone on the ship have a TA, so I would have expected that the O staff would have checked to make sure we have ours. That oversight made me suspect that Bermuda might no longer be on the itinerary for us.

    The cancelation of Bermuda was confirmed minutes ago by Leslie, our Cruise Director. The stated reason is the weather. That sort of makes sense. The storms that have been moving across the US and out to the Atlantic may well be making conditions rough out there. We had such conditions returning from Bermuda on our first cruise there in 2001 … wouldn’t want to have to deal with a sailing like that again.

    Anyways, regardless of the reason, instead of having a sea day tomorrow we will be going to Great Stirrup Cay, NCL’s private island … part of the Bahamas. This call, I expect, serves to not only give us an alternative port, but also gives the storm a chance to get ahead of us. I imagine the 26th, when we were scheduled to call on Bermuda, will now be a day at sea. A letter will be delivered to our cabin tonight with all the details.

    What about the $40pp we paid for the Bermuda TA? Passengers on Marina, another Oceania ship that departed Miami on Saturday, were given shipboard credit in lieu of the expense. I imagine we will be receiving something similar.
    Læs mere