Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Dancing at Sea

    January 27, 2023, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    The first of two sea days that we need to get down to Ecuador, our first stop in South America, started out with Insignia dancing on the Pacific Ocean.

    Between the dancing and the hour we lost last night — our 8th time change since we embarked Insignia in mid-December — the Terrace Café was rather quiet. By noon, the sea state had calmed down to 3-6 feet … by mid-afternoon, it was practically glassy with gentle undulations that did not have the power to jiggle the stabilized Insignia.

    Our day was quiet in general. I carved out some time for a massage, but otherwise enjoyed my recharging-batteries time on the veranda. Mui spent the morning at the Artist’s Loft, improving his technique … and then carved out time for a massage in the afternoon.

    We would have gone to the Terrace Café for dinner … Chef Farid and his team were featuring the Chef’s Market Dinner … Mexican theme. But we had dinner plans with our Coquimbo tour group in the Grand Dining Room. I’m glad I’ve organized meals to meet fellow tour-goers prior to the outing … makes for a more fun day when the tour time comes around.

    We wrapped up the day with a terrific show headlining Jared & the Vagabonds … “hailing from the world tour of Broadway smash hit Million Dollar Quartet …” as the Currents described them. It was a fun, high-energy performance of mostly 1950s music.
    Read more