Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 87

    Salvador de Bahia, Brazil (Day 2)

    March 8, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    We didn’t change our minds!

    About what to do on our second day in Salvador de Bahia, that is. We remained on the ship even though with the slightest encouragement, I would have probably been willing to change my mind.

    With a high of 86F — and a feels like temperature of only 90F — today was slightly cooler. It’s all relative, isn’t it? 🤪 A bit of overcast in the morning and a breeze that picked up in the afternoon helped us to feel more comfortable. Nonetheless, similar temps are in the forecast for the next four days, so resting up today was the smart thing to do.

    Mui and I were both up around 6:00a. Originally, today was supposed to have been our only day in Salvador de Bahia. Thus, ship’s tours were leaving early. Which meant that the Terrace Café would be open at 6:30a. We took advantage of that to have an early breakfast on the outside deck.

    Then, we each went about our day-of-relaxation activities. For me, that was writing. For Mui, that was working on his new hobby in the Artist’s Loft … another contemporary piece. The new instructor was there to critique and offer pointers. Mom liked the picture I sent her of the piece, so she’s got first dibs on it.

    Overall, it was a quiet day. We had lunch and dinner both at the Terrace Café as well … the former with Sonia & Boris; the latter with Pat & Norm.

    We wrapped up the day at the show … headlining E. Sarah Carter, a fiddler, who performed “Celtic Rock” for us tonight … very high energy. She learned the Irish fiddle by ear in the Donegal tradition and was a solo fiddle player with Michael Flatley’s “Lord of the Dance.” She didn’t play many Irish tunes tonight, however … holding those for her St Patrick’s Day concert.

    We have a midday arrival at our next port of call, so a relaxing morning at sea awaits us tomorrow.
    Read more