Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 127

    Mahé, Seychelles

    April 17, 2023 on the Seychelles ⋅ ⛅ 86 °F

    New-to-us port #37.

    Insignia arrived at today’s port of call in Seychelles around 1:00p and made its way to the commercial port in Victoria. By 1:45p, the ship was not only tied up, but cleared as well … a green carpet extending from the gangway … with plants on either side to welcome us.

    Shortly thereafter, we were off the ship with Sonia & Boris and Younga & David … and negotiating with a driver to take us to Anse Beau Vallon, one of the most popular beaches on Mahé Island. Ten minutes later, we were on the long, crescent shaped beach, digging our toes into the silky white sand. Another ten minutes, and we were set with lounge chairs under the takamaka trees.

    The surf was light. The sun moving in and out of the clouds. Liquid sunshine falling occasionally. The water wasn’t as crystal clear as it might be on a day when there are no waves, but we didn’t let it deter us from going in for a dip … once, twice, thrice. Yes, even I took advantage of the warm water to go swimming this time.

    We would love to have stayed on the beach for dinner at one of the restaurants, but our driver wasn’t willing to extend his time beyond 6:00p. None of us were yet ready for a sit down dinner. So, we grabbed some shrimp and calamari from the food truck to enjoy on the beach before it was time to pack up and return to Insignia.

    Tonight, we’ll remain docked in Victoria. Sometime in the wee hours of tomorrow morning, however, we’ll throw off the lines and Insignia will take us a short distance to La Digue, our second port of call in Seychelles … a bit of paradise on earth.
    Read more