Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Teknofest 2023

    September 28, 2023 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 81 °F

    This morning, Mui went to Teknofest at the 2. Ana Jet Hava Üssü (2nd Main Jet Air Base) in Çiğli, one of the districts of İzmir. This is the base where graduates of the Turkish Air Force Academy receive their flight training.

    Teknofest, billed as the largest aviation, aerospace, and technology festival hosted by Türkiye, was held for the first time in 2018 under the sponsorship of the Turkish Technology Team Foundation in collaboration with private companies, ministries, and academic institutions.

    One of the primary goals of the festival is to raise public awareness about technology and its role in society. It is also a platform for introducing a number of aircraft and other military and civilian vehicles produced by the ever-growing Turkish defense industry.

    In addition to technical seminars, product stalls and demonstrations, Teknofest is home to a number of competitions for participants of all ages — from grade school students to entrepreneurs. Various other attractions, such as parachuting, and air shows by Solo Türk and Turkish Stars (the aerial demonstration team) draw visitors from all over the country.

    This year, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Republic of Türkiye, Teknofest is being held in İstanbul, Ankara, and İzmir. That it was being held locally gave Mui the opportunity to realize his long-held dream of checking it out.

    Hoping to avoid the worst of the crowds expected on the weekend, Mui opted to sign up to go on the second day of Teknofest. No such luck. Luckily, he went early and was able to wander around a bit before the worst of the busloads of crowds descended.
    Read more