Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Atlantic Crossing: Day 5

    November 11, 2023, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    We’re past the halfway point back to the USA!

    That’s what Captain Rens said when he gave his daily navigation report at noon. Of course, we’ve still got a distance to go, but the countdown is in earnest now.

    Mui stopped in at the Mainstage this morning for the Veterans Day Ceremony. He stayed long enough to see the flowers laid at the base of the podium and listen to a song performed by Cantaré. Then he had to run off to his adult coloring class. Not sure what else the ceremony entailed, but he said it was standing-room-only when he left.

    Tonight we dined with some fellow-passengers from Türkiye. We met Levent, Belgin, and Melissa when we embarked in İstanbul on 21 October … they are making a permanent move back to the US … at least until their daughter graduates from University. We met Atilla & Füsun yesterday. They are on their way to South America to meet up with their son, and then they will continue to Cusco, Peru where they will stay for a while. We had a pleasant evening with plenty of conversation and laughter.

    As of noon, distance covered since departing Tenerife: 2,044 NM
    As of noon, distance remaining to Ft Lauderdale: 1,408 NM
    Read more