Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Aboard UA 696 to Denver

    November 15, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 63 °F

    With a late afternoon flight back to Colorado, we were in no hurry to rush off Oosterdam when disembarkation began around 7:00a. Having selected the last disembarkation group color — Gray 2 — we waited in our cabin in comfort until we heard our group called just before 9:00a.

    One of the worst parts of disembarking a ship with nearly 2,000 passengers is the long lines to go through immigration. Well, today the lines moved at a steady pace, so it wasn’t bad. No wait at the taxi line either.

    By 10:00a, we were at FLL looking to check our bags. Not so fast. Apparently, bags can only be checked within four hours of the scheduled departure time. Oh well … we found a quiet spot in baggage claim of all places and whiled away the time until the magic hour.

    Once the bags were checked, things were back on track again. No wait at the security checkpoint. Seats available in the otherwise crowded United Club Lounge. On time boarding and departure of UA 696 to Denver.

    It’s been an uneventful flight thus far … a little turbulence notwithstanding. I even netted some complimentary miles on my MileagePlus account because the entertainment system at my seat is not functioning. I have my iPad and we have wi-fi for social media, so no problem passing the hours.

    Another hour to go and we should be landing in Denver.

    (Yay! I even got to post this footprint while we’re still on our way to Denver.)
    Read more