Satellite
Show on map
  • AU Visa Applications ✔️

    August 12, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 77 °F

    Received a UA flight change notification today. No big deal; except that we are now leaving from COS @ 7:40a. An already long travel day is now going to be even longer. It is what it is.

    For some reason, the notification prompted us to check the length of our stay. Turns out that between our 7-day pre-cruise stay in Sydney + our 35-day AusPan + our 58-day overland, we are going to exceed the 90-day limit for the Australian ETA [Electronic Travel Authorization]. Darn!

    So, this afternoon we applied for the Australian tourist (subclass 600) visa. We requested multi-entry for up to 6 months. There is a higher cost to this visa vs the ETA. But it is what it is … the cost of travel.

    The funny thing is that although today is the 12th here at home, ImmiAccounts — the online portal for visa applications — is showing the date as the 13th. That IDL [International Date Line] thing at play again.

    According to the website, 90% of the applications are processed within 22 days. Fingers crossed as we wait to hear back.

    In the meantime, at least we know that we will not have to go through a mandatory health screening prior to getting our approval. And perhaps the best news? The visa will be attached digitally to our passports, so we won’t have to send them in for processing.
    Read more