Satellite
Show on map
  • Indonesian eVOA for AusPan ✔️

    November 1, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    After spending 7 weeks visiting family in Turkey, we are on our way back home to the USA. Instead of flying, however, we embarked Holland America’s Oosterdam in İstanbul for a TransAtlantic cruise … with a bit of sightseeing in Europe along the way.

    Today is our second day in Barcelona. At the moment, having visited the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sant Pau, we are back on the ship. With time on our hands before sail away, we took advantage of the strong cell signal from shore to take care of a visa requirement for AusPan.

    Indonesia requires a VOA [visa on arrival] for US residents. This used to be handled by the ship in the past. Now, Indonesia has implemented a system to apply for the visa online to receive an e-VOA in advance of the ship’s arrival in port.

    It took us all of 20 minutes to prepare the files they required us to upload, complete and submit two applications, and pay for the visas. No sooner was the credit card payment approved that we each heard a ding on our phones … heralding the arrival of our approved visas via email. Easy peasy.
    Read more