Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Geraldton, WA

    January 9 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 73 °F

    New-to-us Port #4.

    Finally … a day with comfy enough temps to wander around without feeling like we were in a sauna. Yes, it was quite breezy … but that just helped to keep us even more comfortable.

    The port is a short distance from the CBD … and we had to take a shuttle from the ship since walking within the port is not allowed. We were greeted in town by helpful volunteers who were handing out maps and answering questions.

    With everything we wanted to see and do within convenient walking distance, we set off on foot to see what we could see. Our first stop was the cathedral. Then up the hill to the HMAS Sydney II Memorial. Next up was the Museum of Geraldton … but along the way, passing by a café called Skeetas, we stopped for a bite to eat. The Hawaiian pizza was one of the best we’ve had anywhere, but the star of our meal was the salad … broccoli, feta, macerated raisins, and crunchy grains. We wrapped up our day of exploration at the Geraldton Regional Art Museum. Colorful murals here and there were the bonus of our day.

    I have plenty of photos to share, so I’ll make this footprint the intro and share a few random images … the rest will get their own footprints.

    Captain Giulio just came on the P/A to advise us that we will be experiencing swells as we depart Geraldton … and throughout the evening. Looks like we will be rocked to sleep tonight.
    Read more