Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Hobart, TAS … Disembarking Regatta

    January 22 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    New-to-us-Port #13.

    Lucky 13 marks the end of our circumnavigation of Australia … and the beginning of our overland adventure Down Under.

    By disembarking in Hobart, we are adding a few zigs … a few zags … a few jigs to our circumnavigation. Eventually, we’ll make it back to Sydney to complete the circle.

    Captain Giulio brought Regatta alongside at the Macquarie Wharf around 11:00a.

    Having already enjoyed the yummy brunch goodies in the GDR, Mui and I were in the card room as instructed by the purser’s office … waiting to complete the early-disembarkation formalities.

    Australia has strict biosecurity laws. In fact, the first announcement at every Australian port we’ve called on has been a reminder not to take any food products ashore. To permanently disembark with our luggage, first our bags had to go through a check for any contraband. We were good … the food items in our possession were all purchased in Australia.

    The biosecurity check complete, next we had a quick face-to-face meeting with an Australian Border Forces agent. Easy peasy.

    Once the formalities were completed, we were required to disembark the ship … and not allowed to return. So, we bid our friends farewell, scanned out one last time, and made our way down the gangway.
    Read more