Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Campground Camping in Esperance

    February 19 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    Esperance was always a “must stop” for us … to chill for a couple of days.

    We were hoping to do so not in a caravan park in town, however. No, we had our heart set on doing so in Cape Le Grand National Park. Alas, the sites there are booked six months out. No last minute cancelations. Believe me, Mui’s been checking.

    So, we booked ourselves into Bather’s Paradise … a caravan park just one street over from one of the many beaches that line the coast here. And in a residential neighborhood … away from the craziness of the CBD. Not that the campground isn’t crowded. It’s sold out … campers are here for anywhere from one night to one week or more. We’re here for three nights.

    Our site is pretty typical of the caravan parks we’ve stayed in thus far, so no need to go into all that again. The woman who operates the park runs a tight ship and everything is as expected.

    Arriving around noon, we settled into our site; had a quick bite; went for a stroll down to the beach and up a couple of blocks. As I noted in the previous footprint, you really need blue skies and sunshine to appreciate the loveliness of the scenery. Today, Mui wasn’t even tempted to go in for a swim.

    No matter, we have a couple of days here for Mother Nature to show her other face. In the meantime, the laundry is done … we have books to read … not to mention some logistics to deal with. All’s good.
    Read more