Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 78

    Perth: Kings Park

    February 27 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 72 °F

    The news in Perth today was the temperature.

    Not that the temps were above normal as they have been on and off during the past few weeks. The opposite. With just two days left before summer turns to autumn, it was five degrees below the norms. Just 80F for a high today.

    I’m sure this is a temporary respite. But we were happy to take advantage of it to spend part of the day at Kings Park … billed as “… one of the world’s largest and most beautiful inner city parks …” with a rich cultural heritage.

    Once again, we took bus 270 from the campground into the city … this time staying on until the end of the route at the Elizabeth Quay Bus Station. From there we hopped on the green CAT, one of the four free bus routes within the CBD, to get to the Park.

    The walk into the park was a long one … but pleasant … with a light breeze keeping us comfy. A local woman helped guide us down to the area of the park we wanted to visit … the area that is home to the State War Memorial and the WA Botanic Garden. Even though colorful blooms were minimal, we enjoyed a lovely stroll through the garden, which is home to 3,000 of the state’s unique flora.

    Indeed a wonderful park overlooking the Swan River from high on up … with skyline views to add to our pleasure in this outing.
    Read more