Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    San Miguel Here We Come

    March 2, 2023 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Bajiogo shuttle worked well, but was super expensive- US$100 each. Will try to find a cheaper way back. The driver arrived on time and we had the car to ourselves. He took us directly to El Chorro #50. The lock box opened and we found 3 keys, which worked well. A great start.

    The place was tiny but with a huge courtyard, which I loved. After decluttering for a good hour - pots, pans, plants, ornaments, everywhere - I felt more at home. The shower trickled and ran out of hot water after a few minutes, but otherwise it had a lot of charm.

    From the tiny Juliette balcony we heard a neighbour speaking English. Seems he left his cell phone is a taxi and was trying to retrieve it, with no luck. They did invite us over, though, and their place was spectacular - humungous garden, beautiful artwork, but only 1 bedroom. It came with full time maid & gardener. Turns out Edith is an author and David retired, never said what he did, from Bowen Island. They gave us good instructions on where to find groceries, etc. Diego, the 27 year old owner of our place, hadn’t left any instructions so I had to keep emailing him with questions - wifi, garbage,groceries, etc etc.

    We then headed out along the narrow cobblestone streets. Charming but not easy to walk on. We found the main square - Jardine, pronounced Hardeen- complete with 4 mariachi bands competing for attention.The weather was amazing - about 25 in the evening.

    We picked up some groceries at a tiny shop near by, then at Madeline’s suggestion, had dinner at Manantial, a small restaurant nearby that specializes in fish tacos etc. The place was cute, the ambience vibrant. Such fun.
    Read more