Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Starting Hetta to Pallas

    June 4, 2022 in Finland ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    After a good night of sleep onto the bay where we waited for the boat, the one that would take us to the start of our first trek, we crossed the lake and had our morning lunch next to it.

    So we started the Hetta-Pallas trail with a mitigated weather, but just good enough to trek.

    It started with a pine forest with a rocky floor, we stopped at some places to see some birds ; we saw multiple kinds that were nowhere to find in Belgium, beautiful. We stumbled across two reindeers who didn’t care much for us, so we could contemplate them easily.

    As we started to get higher in altitude, the trees were becoming rare to let place to small vegetation and rocks. Still, we were able to see beautiful birds, and some very closely !

    We finished our first that of walk into a refuge for only ourselves, that is impressively equipped, clean and ready to be used ; we are the first one here this year.

    After seeing wonderful landscapes and animals, we lighted up a campfire to recall all of this and share a lovely dinner with all of us. Tonight we would not need to take our tents out as we will sleep into the refuge!

    Martin, a Czech guy, arrived quite late and spent the night with us. He explained us that he ended up in a stream while trying to cross it 😂 nice guy and he share his cookies. Would recommand 100%.
    Read more