Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 7

    The day we lost Antoine and the way

    8 juin 2022, Suède ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    We aren't usually early birds but today we had to : we had a bus to catch at 6.55 AM to reach Kiruna again.

    After 2 hours, we were back in the city where we first landed. It was quite a strange feeling after the few days we spend in the nature without seeing much people.

    First things to do : finds a place to get a shower as soon as possible (even a moose stinks less than us). Goal easily reached with a bonus : a sauna for ourself! All that for free in a sporthall. We agreed to go back there before taking our flight back :-) (surprisingly we are often on the same wave)

    We had a quick lunch at FIKA café before going back at the train station to pick up the food for the second trek.

    The train ride to Abisko is about 1 hour. When we arrived there, we stepped down the train. Wait... Weren't we 3 at the beginning of the trip?!

    Max and me laughed quite hard knowing that the other Antoine (guess which) stayed in the train! The door closed too soon and he couldn't get out.

    Fortunately, next stop was only 7 km away and for once, another train was going the way back few minutes after.

    We tried to get some information in the tourist information center which wasn't very successful. Nobody can tell us if the whole northern part of Kungsleden is practicable at that time of the year.

    Only solution : find it out by ourselves! We started walking at a great rythme and... almost went back were we started after getting lost. No matter what, we arrived at the first stop (13 theorical km from Abisko) where we meet pupils in a school trip. We wished we could do the same back in the years.

    The landscapes kept us speechless. The path went through snowy mountains, rivers, lakes, desertics areas, marshes... The diversity of those creates a patchwork of amazing ecosystems forming an unbelievable landscape.

    We established our camp next to a swamp. We even heard wolves!!
    En savoir plus