Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 9

    The not-fully-full train

    10. juni 2022, Sverige ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    As the previous days, Lapland offered us a wonderful wake up along the river of the Kungsleden. The sun was shining as it has never shined before during our trip.
    Such a pleasant weather to reach back the train station in Abisko and wait for the next train wich will bring us to... the Lulea Archipelagos, our next destination in the South of Lapland!

    We enjoyed an after-trek meal (made of plenty unhealthy pleasures) aside the Lake with a panomaric view on all the snowy moutains around it.

    As everything was going perfectly well something should happen to pepper our story a bit... Indeed: the daily train we planned to book was mentioned as full on the company website!

    After having considered a lot of scenarios before the train arrived to play a little bit on the train conductor (we'd be ashame to tell everything we thought about), he immediately invited us to take a ticket and a seat on the train by explaining a bug in the booking system.

    The 5-hour journey gave us the opportunity to share the junk food and the beers from the lunch.

    We landed off in Lulea at 11PM and ran to the Airbnb we booked, tried to get some information about activities from our host but... nothing really special came up... we'll have to discover the place by ourselves :)
    Læs mere