Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 17

    Day 15 - fondue on the ocean

    2 Disember 2018, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We‘ve spilled about 20 coffeepots and other drinks. Don‘t freak out - stay calm. This is normal with 3-4 meter waves.

    The waves are sneaking up from behind. And every 2 minutes there is a big one from a slightly different angle. And boom - we need another roll of household paper to clean up. As i am sitting sideways while i‘m steering i can see the waves coming. I try hard, but still every other off wave rocks the boat uncomfortably.

    I‘m the only sideways steerer of thhe crew, the others standbehind the wheel - which takes alot more work as you have to keep the balance all the time. But it has also to do with the compas positions - which is too high to actually see while seated. I often take one or to pillows. And i only see the compass needle when the boat rocks to the other side or when i lean forward.

    While the body got used to the waves the mind is still sometimes fighting.

    The good talks on board don‘t cease. We find new topics or go deeper. Talk about our leadership, our struggles. How we experience God in everyday life.

    Iwan baket the first bread on board. Awesome, as we finallyran out of bread and are stuck on Wasa and doublebake. Today we enjoyed the fondue we brought from Switzerland. It was awesome 😎

    Despite the big waves and the reduced sail we still make good time with 5.5 knots speed. We should arrive in under 21 days and before our food runs out.
    Baca lagi