Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Stanley Park 1 of 2

    May 2, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Traversing through the streets of Vancouver for a few kilometres, we arrived at our destination. Stanley Park. A meld of Port Melbourne, meets Mount Dandenong, meets the snowy mountains. Planned, manicured, a combination of dutch and english formal, erupting in the final bursts of spring as it rolls into summer.

    As we now leave autumn and head into winter at home. Canada is in the reverse.

    I got lost today. Not in the map sense (though that too!), but lost in how beautiful a planned garden can become. En masse. The bulbs. The annuals. The stars of the season. Amidst a backdrop of old faithfuls. Ash. Myrtle. Maple. Hundred's of years old. The stars of all seasons. Shelter from the sun in summer, access to sun through the bare branches in winter. There is something truly magical about the seasonal garden.

    The use of colour - a few simple and sometimes contrasting shades. The visual drama of both the complimentary colours and the clashing.

    Framed against a beautiful old stone building. The yacht house. The magnolias!

    Today was magical. The weather perfect and I forgot the world as I immersed myself in the beauty. To all the residents of Cohuna Village, you were in my heart and mind as I explored with joy around every corner, and know it was on your behalf ❤️
    Read more