Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Bridgetown, Barbados 🇧🇧

    March 25, 2023 in Barbados ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    An 8 1/2 flight from Birmingham saw us to Barbados...on a flight full on people with a pathological inability to sit still. The food was really quite good throughout the flight. Having promised myself I'd use this holiday to read, I used the time to finish Blood Traitor, and get 40% of the way through the Sinister Booksellers of Bath.

    Into Barbados was really smooth. We didn't see our luggage from the time we dropped it at Birmingham until we got to our cabin, we didn't have to go through airport immigration instead getting a bus straight to the port, and we didn't have to queue for ages to board having done all the pre-boarding stuff at home (thanks Ben!)

    We wandered the Britannia to get our bearings. Our cabin on deck 12 is halfway between all the amenities, with pools and buffet above us, and bars and restaurants below. The balcony offered fabulous views over the Barbardian sea...we though we paid for a restricted view, which our balcony certainly isn't!

    After a lovely dinner, we retired to the balcony to admire the night sky and watch the sail away. On to St Lucia!
    Read more