Satellite
  • Day 12

    Rest day number 2

    March 13, 2019 in Sri Lanka ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    No activities today as our guide and driver have a day off. Andrew, Julie, Dave and I spent the morning around the pool. Andrew went on another exploration along the beach; I was happy staying put with my kindle!
    In order to mix things up a bit, we later moved to sun beds down in the gardens, facing the beach and sea. It still seemed fairly rough when the waves broke onto the shore, so we didn’t venture in! Instead we had a massage! Well, Andrew didn’t as he’s not keen, but the rest of us booked up a session each for after lunch.
    Crickey! Another tiny lady with fingers with the strength of a warrior! Parts of the massage could hardly be called relaxing, but at the end you do feel as if you’ll float out 😀
    This evening we had dinner in another local seafood restaurant. We were all slightly taken aback to be seated by the same chap who’d seated us in the other restaurant last night! We wondered if they were linked family restaurants but he said no, he was just helping out his friends on both nights. Tonight’s restaurant was also hosting a retirement dinner for the local chief of police, who arrived as guest of honour with the blue lights flashing on the car!
    Time for bed now as we’ve got to be up at 04:15 am, as we’re off whale watching (hopefully 🐳!)
    No photos again - very slow internet!
    Read more