Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 8 - Pain, new menu & thunder

    February 24, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Time flies when you’re having fun. We have been in Sri Lanka for a week already, and we have already done so many beautiful things. Today we really take it easy, Robin has been having a lot of trouble with her foot since yesterday so we decide not to do too much.

    In the morning we go for breakfast with Lea, at an incredibly nice place: Two Sisters. A few years ago, these two sisters moved from Turkey and started this place, you can have a delicious full Turkish breakfast here with homemade bagels, cheese, jam, baba ganoush, etc. After this Robin and I go to Robbert, a Dutch man we met at Ciao Bella. He is a physiotherapist and we asked him to take a look at Robin's foot. After a few minutes of searching for his place in the tuktuk we find the Vila where Robbert is staying, what a pearl, what a paradise. He gives Robin tape on her foot and go back home again.

    Because the government is saving electricity in the country, parts of the country have no electricity at certain times. This is also known as load shedding. This also happened when I was living in South Africa back in 2019. We enjoy ourselves with games and paint our nails. We give Robin's foot some rest today. We are also already making travel plans, because we are not only staying in the south at Kabalana, but at the beginning of March we will head inland to visit some beautiful places there.

    When the power is back on, we start new dishes together with the cook, we teach him chia pudding, banana pancakes and buddha bowls. The new menu is going to be yummy.

    The weather changes and we get heavy rain with thunder and lightning. We decide not to leave tonight, we were supposed to have dinner with Omani and her friend, but we text them that we are sorry and move dinnerplans to tomorrow. Preferably no tuk tuk ride in this weather.

    Sajith massages Robin's foot with a kind of herbal ritual and then we go to bed. Tomorrow another day of taking it easy, we take the bus to a beautiful beach and will have breakfast and lunch at Shady Lane in Marissa. During the weekend we are needed again in the service and the kitchen at Ciao Bella because the cook is then two days off.

    Also Omani lets us know the curry and cinnamon powders are ready. It looks so good! We will pick it up later this week and next Wednesday we will start building the shop so it can open on Thursday :)

    We are going to dream now, ciaooooo! X
    Read more