Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Beach, birthday Dulsha, Centipede

    February 28, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Hi allllll!
    Sorry about the radio silent. We've done a lot in the past few days so thats the reason I didn’t keep track of our travels as good as I did in the beginning. But I can tell you, we could write a whole book about our experiences here.

    From temples to beautiful beaches and from Dulsha's traditional birthday to 4 hours by car to Ella and then a 4 hours travel in an overfull train to Kandy.

    We took it easy for a few days and really enjoyed life in Sri Lanka. Walked along beaches with Maxi where we found shells from which we are going to have jewelry made. We found a lovely chill spot with tasty mushroom quesadillas and stayed here for about the whole afternoon enjoying fresh juices and the sun. We swim with Maxi and played games. Really relaxing, we need that.

    In the evening we take Omani and Dulsha to a delicious pizza restaurant in Unawatuna! But not before we celebrated her birthday with cake at her home with her family. It is tradition here that everyone eats a small bite of cake from the birthday girl’s hand. Special to experience. Robin & I give Dulsha beautiful earrings as a gift and she absolutely loves them. Her first birthday present from foreigners, she thinks it's all very special and is very grateful. The earrings were heartshaped and we told her its a gift from our hearts. Whole dinner we have nice conversations with the girls about their dreams and rights. Omani really wants to travel to Europe and maybe live there, Dulsha likes to travel but wouldn't want to leave Sri Lanka. We learn about their culture and compare our lives. Very nice evening, one to remember.

    When we get home there is a big scary beast waiting for us in the outdoor shower in Habaraduwa. EW. This beast, according to Minidu a tree centipede, it’s really dangerous. Edward helps us and kills the beast, we can shower safely again. After checking the whole room we can go to sleep in peace. But it is not a restful night because the monkeys on our roof keep us awake, crazy animals.

    The next day we go to Galle with Minidu :) to be continued.

    Ciao!
    Read more