Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Condom day 2

    July 10, 2016 in France ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Early start with a short 2.5 miler part way along the Way of St James. Sun broke through the clouds and it got too hot for running. Karens official false birthday today for which we decorated the garden with banners declaring her 50th. Booboo had saved up her treat allowance and bought Karen some presents.
    Afternoon spent in and around the pool after the customary fizz. Tenperature gauge reached 35C in the shade. Treated us to a bottle of Ackerman Royal before a walk into town for dinner. Lovely restaurant in a side street where we had Floc (blanc) as an aperitif. Mike had rocquefort salad for entree and i had gizzard salad. Didn't know what to expect but very pleasantly surprised by the lovely flavour and meatiness. Nearest i can compare it too is cured reindeer meat. Mains were steak with peppercorn sauce (Karen !!!). Duck breast (Mike) and Moules in Rocquefort sauce for Lesley and me. Really enjoyed them although they were quite small and took forever to eat. Absolutely lovely though. All washed down with a couple of bottles of local vin blanc.
    Back at chez nous we celebrated further with a tarte citron with a candle that played happy birthday and numbered 50 sparklers. Brandy and coffee folllowed to end the evening. All in all a very good day indeed.
    Read more