Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Today portsmouth to Port Solent

    June 6, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Two buses and a bit of a walk later our cousin Jean and I met at Port Solent...it was a fabulous first meeting, we didn't stop talking for four hours, so so good to hear more about our extended large family.

    We both agreed our lives could have been so much richer had we known each other growing up. If the brothers had known each other they would have been great support for each other. Our mums would have gotten on like a house on fire as well, they had a very similar look about them too, and to all intents and purposes similar beliefs and values.

    We are meeting again tomorrow with our other girl cousin Gill, then on Thursday with the two brothers John Mackie and. Philip Mackie and their wives, and at John's son, David Mackie's restaurant !! Honestly we had such a lot to talk about, I will try to capture more on Thursday.

    The wee travels I had today reminds me how big our world is and how many relatives we probably have!!

    Ps have you all seen the routes I've been on? If you look at the top photo it usually says to press on the right for the route white lines all over the place!!
    Read more