Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Dalai-La Boutique Hotel

    April 13, 2017 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    After dropping our bags in our room while our driver waited, he then took us to the trekking company office. We chose Nepal Eco Adventures which had very good reviews. It was literally a two minute car ride. At the office we made our final payment and collected some gear for our trek.

    The idea was that we were to walk back to our hotel. The problem was we didn't know we were to walk back until we got to the office and neither of us had been paying much attention to where we were going. You might be thinking that a person couldn't get lost on such a short walk back but you'd be wrong. We wandered around for a while and then accidently stumbled upon our hotel. All the streets look the same and there are no street signs so we are definitely going to have to keep our wits about us when we venture out alone!

    We were dirty, tired and hungry but hunger won out so we went down to the hotel restaurant for a good meal. Jon actually nodded off while waiting for his dinner. After dinner we availed ourselves of the wonderful amenities in our room and drifted off in our first proper bed in two days to the strains of a very loud band playing in the courtyard right below our room. Thank God for ear plugs!
    Read more