Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    The Queen Day 5 At Sea

    April 27, 2018, South Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Our first day of 8 at sea before Tenerrife. After breakfast a couple of laps of the deck. Then on to the theatre to hear the celebrity lecturer, John McCarthy. This first part of his story of capture by Hezbollah was both fascinating and engrossing. Cannot wait for the next installment on Monday. Went on to dance classes next where we attempted to relearn the slow waltz. Quite good fun, but a way to go to be as good as some of the oldies on the ship. Squeezed a coulple of games of table tennis in before lunch. After lunch had a go at the Guess the Melody quiz. It was TV show themes which was not our forte. But we got 11 out of 20. Quiet afternoon of reading and a couple of laps of the deck before dinner. Black & White Ball formal night is the go but we will not be attending as we did not bring the penguin suits.
    Dinner at the Lido. Had a wander around the ship and a walk around the deck before hitting the sack. Must say the bed and shower in our cabin are fantastic and we have both slept well. I think the sea air is making us tired, especially with a full tummy. Temperature is rising each day as we approach the equator and their are many Bubbles and Desirees gracing the pool deck. We haven't had a dip yet but maybe will later in the afternoon one day. Sun protection is not an issue for some folk on board and you wonder why not!!
    Read more