Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Popeyes Village

    November 17, 2018 in Malta ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    So our last full day in Malta today. Treated ourselves to a cup of tea in bed first off before getting up and walking to the local shop Blow & Go to get a little pressie for Bobbie as we had bourbons for Max & Izzy and Bobbie doesn’t like them. Upon return we sat in the reception area to wait for the rest of them to come down for breakfast. The weather was ok when we got up but then turned and a storm hit the bay. Torrential downpours and it went very black. As we were sat there, Naomi turned up and was concerned about a man out to sea who was clearly struggling. We told reception then out we went to try and let him know help was coming. The weather was awful and he couldn’t get back on his board. He was out there for about 40 minutes and clinging on to a life buoy. Anyway it settled and he eventually managed to get himself close to the shaw so we left, soaked to the skin and just before the police and the helicopter arrived 🚁🚁 . To say we were soaked was an understatement, so back to the room for a full change before breakfast.

    Not a lot on the list today except we needed to go back to the glass blowing place in Mdina for Naomi. We decided to go on a bit of a mystery ride on the way back and ended up at Popeyes village where the film was filmed many years ago. It was very windy but dry and it looked pretty good. We didn’t go in but you could see it all from the cliff top and a great view of the bay even though it was a bit black ☁️. Again I can remember Granny & Grandad and Aunty Jack and Jerry talking about it when I was younger, nice to see it.

    We returned to the hotel and zipped in for a bit of lunch before all of us descended on the swimming pool for a mess around. Not as warm as it had been but not cold by any means. Another little snack on the way out before heading up to get showered and changed. Early night out tonight as we were booked in the American Diner at 6.30pm for our last dinner of the holiday. It was great, burgers, chicken, ribs and all sorts of delights. As we ate a bit earlier, we had a bit of time before the kids disco at 8.30 so Sharon snd I went to Blow and Go for supplies for the plane and the kids went bowling - Izzy’s prize from the karaoke 🎤 last night. Fortunately for us all, little Izzy Wiz did win !!

    Finally off to the kids disco, quiz and show. The quiz tonight was photos of celebrities as they were younger - you guessed it we were crap at that. The show was “Cabaret”, sad to say we didn’t manage it to the end, we were flagging a bit so when the kids went up to bed, so did we. Gemma, Joe Bobbie Jo & Graham were left. Just back in the room, packing nearly done and kettle on. Early start in the morning as we head off home 🏠.
    Read more