Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1, Cyprus

    December 11, 2019 in Cyprus ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    So we set of today on An Ancient Affair, read in to that what you will. As usual right up to the last minute things were chaotic and the suitcases were still under the stairs at 9pm last night. But a late night and we made it.

    An early start this morning, up at 5am, out at 6.15 and checked in to Doncaster Robin Hood Airport and having a cuppa by just after 7 for an 8.45 flight. All fairly painless apart from Sharon thinking moisturiser and skin care isn’t a liquid, she now knows differently !!

    We landed in to Paphos at 15.00 hours local time which is 2 hours ahead of the uk, it’s a bit grey but the temperature is around 16 degrees which although not boiling it’s certainly warmer than home. It was a 45 minute transfer to the ship in Limossol by coach, again fairly painless.

    So we boarded “Marella Dream” around 5pm. Our room is just where we like to be, right at the back of the ship. A short walk outside, up 2 decks and were at the buffet, perfect. So that was our first stop, bit of snap then off to the bar. Now to be fair we don’t normally do all inclusive so we don’t usually drink, but as it’s all in we thought it would be worth a bit of a look. We haven’t upgraded to premium as everything we like is on the standard one so off we went. A couple of pints of Fosters and a Cointreau & Lemonade to start, a couple of pina coladas for the boss. And it’s just gone 7pm.

    We’re just heading back to unpack, muster station meeting is at 9pm so is the sail away party and the Abba act. So a busy first night.
    I can’t promise daily updates due to data restrictions but ill do my best.

    Speak soon peeps, Adios.
    Read more