Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Day8 At Sea

    August 19, 2022, North Sea ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    So our last day today and we’ve spent it at sea, full steam ahead towards Southampton. Mostly cloudy but mild and the occasional outburst of sunshine but warm enough to be in shorts and a t-shirt.

    A nice relaxing breakfast up on the decks before a bit of a wander around the ship ⛴️ . Stumbled across a bar we hadn’t seen before and blew $10 in the casino. Found some cadburys biscuit crunch chocolate bars in the shop which you can’t buy in the UK anymore so picked a couple of those up before having a wander around the promenade deck. Again stumbled across a lovely lounging area where there was just us and a lovely view out to sea. We stopped off there for an hour or so.

    Next we moved on to the infinity pool at the back of the ship, amazing views of the wake and inside looking up towards the back of the ship. It was less than warm if compared to the hot tubs and the worst of it was getting out but a sacrifice worth making.

    We moved on to Alfredo’s for lunch, bit of a queue but as it’s last day everyone will be trying to do their favourite things. We’re just going to try and squeeze as much in as possible. Once again, great food with ocean view and a beer or two each. The sun was out for the afternoon so next stop hot tubs on the open decks. Chatting to a lovely lady from Canada who is stopping in London next week so we were helping her out with what was where.

    Unfortunately, we only managed an hour or so due to a serious incident, Someone was very poorly and needed to be airlifted to hospital. A helicopter was sent from Holland to airlift them off to hospital. The back of the ship had to be completely evacuated so we were asked to leave the tub which we did gladly. We headed back to our room to get changed and we’re just in time as that was evacuated too. So we moved on to the bar !! The sun was out so we headed for the central decks which were still open. We were able to see the helicopter arrive and hover over the ship and perform the airlift. Take our hats off to these guys,the crew of the ship and the coastguard were fantastic, let’s just hope the person is ok.

    Next we moved on to the salty dog out on the open deck for a sneaky bite to eat and a drink before I heard the inevitable that I thought we might avoid, yes the word “Shops” crept in to conversation. The blow was softened somewhat by the fact that there was the gelato place in the atrium which was en route. So an ice cream each then a look around the shops ! Sadly nothing to buy in the shops (shame) but we did get a Beef and Guinness pie and a drink from the international cafe on the way out.

    Packing had to come next unfortunately, but had to be done, we have opted for an early departure so we get to keep our cases rather than have them collected early in the evening. We decided we’d sneak a final hour or two in the tub tonight before a bit of supper. Sat in there and watched the sun go down until around 10pm before getting out for the last time on this cruise.

    It’s been a blast, we’ve loved every minute of it, let’s hope we don’t have to leave it so long next time.
    Read more