Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 77

    Mar. 7 New Itinerary

    March 7, South China Sea ⋅ ⛅ 79 °F

    After waiting for weeks & weeks, we finally received our new itinerary from Viking. It's been confirmed that we won't be going through the Red Sea, which is what we already predicted and is understandable due to the Iranian-backed terrorist group, Houthis. We'll miss visiting Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, Greece, Italy, Istanbul & Monti Carlo. It also means that we'll have fewer days in Sri Lanka & India. Instead, the ship will go around Africa and will be sailing at a faster clip with fewer stops since they need to make up time to get us to the Mediterranean. The Africa piece is going to be fast with very limited stops & LOTS of sea days. Because of this, Julie and I have decided to exit the ship in Singapore. We fly back home on March 17th.

    We've gone back and forth about our decision. The sea days were a breaking point. We're very disappointed. We've made such great friendships, but this was not the trip that Julie and I planned for the past 2 1/2 years. Over 200 people will be exiting the ship. We feel good about our decision, but sad too. We don't regret a minute of the time we've spent on this beautiful ship and the experiences we've shared. ❤️ We'll fly from Singapore to Tokyo to Seattle via Nippon Air.
    Read more