Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Budha Dordenma & Simply Bhutan

    November 21, 2017 in India ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    Today we are geared up for some sight seeing around the capital city. We leave after a good breakfast of
    Aloo paratha, toasts, watermelons, omlets etc by 9

    The Buddha statue built with the assistance n sponsorship from China and Hongkong is a 169 m huge beautiful golden structure which is visible from everywhere in Thimphu reminding of the serenity and his teachings to everyone who sees it even from far distances.

    We learned about Zhapdrung, Guru Rimpoche, Buddha , The monks, chief abotts, their history, culture etc in the Kuensel phodrang.

    We then proceeded for Simply Bhutan where we also decided to try Bhutanese food !

    We were welcomed with the local alcoholic beverage called the Ara which we all enjoyed.

    Simply Bhutan is a wonderful place to learn about Bhutan, it has the best Bhutanese meal (for an experience) and is the best place to have photos in national dress of Bhutan (Gho for gentlemen and Kira for ladies). We also tried hands on archery (a small archery place in the campus of Simply Bhutan).
    Post lunch, we visited the market, relaxed, had some good exotic coffees, and drinks (the best cafes and bars are only in Thimphu) near the clock tower. The place we come accross each day.
    One can also visit the professional archery ground at Thimphu. It was amazing to see the players taking shots from distance of greater than 100 meters !! It is an enjoyable game to watch if you are in a group.

    We got back to the hotel and Bhutanese cultural dance show was waiting for us. Its interesting to watch them if u understand the story, culture, history related to them.

    Pending :- A beter pic in gho n kira, ara pic , better grup pic at Buddha , buddha from far , professional archery pic
    Read more