Satellite
  • Day 27

    E-tickets arent always e-tickets

    November 20, 2019 in Singapore ⋅ 🌧 30 °C

    After a lovely evening visiting the Marina Bay Sands Hotel with German girls and a late dinner on boat quay with Historei, I decided was about time to read my ferry ticket info to Bintan, an island off Singapore, which isnt actually apart of Singapore, but Indonesia ... therefore the ferry has some very strict policies!

    To my surprise my e-ticket isnt in fact an e-ticket but must be printed, which is a fact that sent me into a bit of a tissy as it is now 12.30 the night before an 8am ferry to Bintan and our top class hostel has no staff after 10pm to print my tickets. After some failed internet searches for 24hrs printers in the area and an attempt to find a way to hack the hostel printer Historei and I decided to set out to find a pub or hotel to print my tickets.

    We had a hotel across the Bay in mind but tried a few pubs beforehand only to receive bewildered looks at why two girls are out begging for a printer at 1am. We marched up through the Fullerton Hotel doors trying to look as if we belonged in Elephant backpacker pants and found our Angel Gabriel (no really that was the receptionist name) behind the reception desk who graciously printed the tickets.

    Pictured below the pure look of joy that we managed to compete our task! Now to ensure I wake to my 6am alarm 🙈
    Read more