Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Islamd dayz & nights

    February 19 in Vanuatu ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    What an amazing day on Mystery island! You can easily walk around the entire perimeter of the island and there is a tiny little grass airstrip on the island that was used in WW2..

    We had a massage when we got there, $20 each for 30 minutes of being lathered in what felt like used cooking oil with a room full of strangers. We should have learnt from Fiji and bought our own oil with us... Oh well, next time. Mine was not bad, Deano reckons his masseuse also doubles as a brick layer on the mainland.
    We hired a cabana for the day and loved every minute of it. Mystery Island is just so pristine. Unoccupied and the water is the most aqua blue I've ever seen with so many fish swimming around.
    The weather really turned it on as well. Started off a little cloudy, but was a beautiful day.
    The cooking oil from the massage helped to burn us to a crisp too, another momento from our trip, lol.
    They were selling cooked lobsters on the island for a small fortune. $110 each. The comedian told us yesterday that years ago they used to sell them for $10 each, until dumb arses told the locals how much we pay for them. Boom... Inflation!

    Back to the ship and had a bite to eat and a nap before dinner and the show, Star water.
    Another great day!
    Read more