Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Farewell Italy - Hello Greece

    August 28, 2019 in Greece ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    After a relaxing night at our BnB we caught the local train back to Naples and then jumped on an airport bus, as we have swapped trains for planes! Prefer the train though because you waste so much time at airports, waiting waiting. But we finally caught our flight to Athens, where we were picked up a taxi organised by the hotel. Turned out to be a very expensive way to do it. We could have easily done it on the metro but we didn’t realise that at the time!

    Anyway we arrived at our hotel which was in a great spot near the Acropolis and lots of cafes and bars. We got settled in the hotel and then headed out to explore. We had a walk around, worked out the metro system and booked our visit to the Acropolis for the next morning.

    On the way back to the hotel we walked through the gardens and found a Hadrian’s Arch and the Templr of Zeus. And we thought Rome had all the historical buildings!

    Back at the hotel and we went upstairs to the restaurant which has a great view. We ended up there for dinner so we could catch the view of the acropolis at night. Absolutely magic!
    Read more