Satellite
  • Day 31

    And Back to Athens

    September 5, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    All good things must come to an end and so today was our last day in Syros. We packed up our bags and Pete stayed at the room while I went and tried to do some shopping. I was amazed I found some warm clothes to buy for when we get to London. Also got a few trinkets, not much as the bag situation is pretty full and way heavy enough. Kostas our great host, helped us carry the bags down the 145 steps to the port.

    We were early so we had some lunch and waited for the ferry. We had learnt a lesson on the previous ferry - don’t eat the food as you pay for it days after!

    Back in Athens we made it back to our hotel and had a mad rush to get ready for the special dinner we had booked at the top of Lycabettus Hill called Orizontes. It was amazing when we finally got there, after the taxi driver took us to the back entrance and we had to rush up the steps so we didn’t miss out on our table. Slight problem as taxis don’t take cards and we scrapped together about 4.30 Euro and the driver let us off the rest!

    After a great dinner we walked down the hill and back to the hotel to walk off all the food! Ready for an early start in the morning.
    Read more