Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    London

    September 6, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Ok so we might have had a few lazy days but we were up at 4.00am and walked a km up to the bus stop and caught a bus to the Airport. Lucky it was cool that time of the morning or we might have melted.

    Our flight was at 8.00am so we had to be at the airport by 6.00am. Urghhhhh! Still we got to London at 9.30am which meant we had a full day there.

    So we navigated yet another rail and bus system and got to our Air BnB which turned out to be wonderful with great views of the city. The funniest thing was Pete loading our luggage into a wheelchair lift thinking it would take him to the 6th floor and it only took him up the 8 steps to the lift. He looked at ME like I was a weirdo because I said I would walk up the stairs. Well we were a bit delirious and tired but we had a good laugh.

    Anyway we dumped our bags and went off to meet Milton, who is a friend who now lives with his family in England and also Ned who was our Barista at Crackerjack who is now working in London. Took Pete to his first English pub and we had a great afternoon catching up with Milton and Ned, and also checking out the Borough Market. Ned headed off to work and we went with Milton to meet Helen, his wife, and we had Fish and chips and mushy peas. Had a wonderful day and night catching up with them and Ned.

    After dinner we made our way tiredly back to our BnB, and collapsed in bed. Been a long day.
    Read more