Satellite
  • Day 86

    Diving in

    October 8, 2016 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Our third day in Cambodia was relaxing and exciting at the same time. We drove 3 hours west with views of the jungle and the ocean. When we got to our hotel, we decided to rent scooters and go to cascade waterfalls 45 minutes north of us. Trusting the usual navigation through Google maps, we found a route and headed out.

    This trip was really cool as we got to see much more authentic parts of the country. We saw the non-touristy parts of downtown, the freight harbor, and small industrial shops on a busy road along the water. There was soooo much to see and we were amidst people's every day life. Pulling cows with a moto (scooter), gutting a huge pile of fish on a shop's concrete floor, driving open fire street food carts with attached motos and playing volleyball in a factory backyard. We also are at a local restaurant with way too low bathroom ceilings for us :)

    Then the road took us into the jungle, which we loved. But we ended up turning around when the street lead into a small remote village and didn't continue. I guess you cannot always trust Google maps ;-) We didn't see the waterfalls, but had a fantastic day nonetheless.
    Read more