Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Scooterama

    October 7, 2016 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Today, we explored the country the authentic Cambodian way - on five Honda scooters, going through the small town and then into the rain forest at Bokor National Park. During a beautiful ride through the mountains, we quickly learned that it's called RAIN forest for a reason. After beautiful sunny weather for the first hour, we took multiple showers on the way up, getting soaked through and through. But the heat and surroundings made the adventure just that much better: temples, an abandoned French village in the fog, a pit stop and a hot noodle soup.

    It was the perfect day, yet one thing we all regret: Vanessa fell while riding her scooter in the afternoon and fractured her collar bone, which apparently can happen super quickly :( So Vanessa and Merten got to experience the excellent health care system in Cambodia, while James and I got to ride into the jungle one more to pick up Vanessa's bike. It got so foggy and cold, we decided we had earned a huge Cambodian buffet at a otherwise terrible and kitsch casino on top of the mountain.

    Vanessa is much better, but will have to rest her arm and shoulder for the next few weeks. Good thing we have a few days planned on a small island to just relax.
    Read more