Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 30

    Lazy day at the beach!

    February 24, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Today was a lazy beach day! We had our hotel buffet breakfast and I headed to my lounge chair on the beach while Dave did some net surfing and went for a beach walk. At around 1:30, we went for lunch at a little side street restaurant and had the most delicious little pizza between us! After lunch, I went back to my beach chair to read my book, and Dave did another beach walk and took a few pictures along the way.

    We regrouped at the pool for a dip to cool off (it’s been about 36 degrees here) and then headed down to the beach to watch the sunset. We cleaned up and decided to walk down the beach to a restaurant we had visited a few nights ago, and had a couple of appetizers and a glass of wine.

    On the way back to our hotel, we noticed that one of the establishments - Hans’ Bungalows - which has a restaurant and bar on the beach, was having “Elvis Night”, so of course we had to stop in! We ordered a drink each, and waited in anticipation for the show 🤔😜🤣. It was hilarious - an older Thai man dressed in a Elvis garb put on a tongue in cheek Elvis impersonation show! Truly the highlight of our evenings here in Ko Lanta - he really played the crowd, and at one point, tired himself out and had to sit down to finish one of his songs! We laughed pretty hard and had a great time - “Elvis” even brought the mike over for me to join in singing “Hound Dog” with him! 🤣🤣🤣. What a riot! Walked back down the beach to our hotel still laughing, and now it’s time for shut eye before moving on tomorrow!
    Read more