Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    A Morning in Ao Nang

    February 26, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We hopped a cab this morning for the quick trip to the beach town of Ao Nang, about 15 minutes from our hotel. A busy little place, with lots of long boats making trips out to the many islands in this area, a nice beach, limestone rocks jutting out of the sand, and stores selling every piece of clothing, souvenirs, food, drinks and whatever else you’d like to buy to part with your last few Baht! (Yes, guilty as charged!!).

    Ao Nang is just around the bay from where we are staying, and on the other side of Ao Nang Bay is Railay Beach - a popular tourist spot in this area. Took some stairs up the side of one of the limestone rocks to a lookout, which overlooks Railay Beach East.

    For a small town, it’s pretty cosmopolitan, boasting 2 McDonalds, 2 Burger Kings, a Subway and a Starbucks! We spent a couple of hours walking the beach and checking out the stores, stopped for a coffee, walked some more, then caught the free shuttle back to our hotel.

    I headed down to the pool, while Dave went for a walk down to the pier to check that out, then he joined me later. Lazed around in a lounge chair all afternoon, reading our books and soaking up the sun - our last day to catch some rays!

    After a lovely day, we freshened up and went for a great dinner at the hotel restaurant - again, excellent food, which has been a constant for this whole trip! 😋
    Read more